Monday, March 5, 2012

Fitbit & 5k!

Well hello Paleo friends!

It's been a wild February and I havent had much time to write. But fear not, I am still here and I have a lot to update you on.

I have been wearing my FitBit nearly every day and I really like the metrics that it provides. It has made me more cognizant of how much (or little) I move. I definitely try to beat my own stats and I like the online tracking format and dashboard. I haven't been as hardcore paleo as I was but I'm slowly reintegrating it back into my life. My nutrition and workouts definitely are better than they were a few months ago and I'm getting back to my formula for success that I implemented back in the summer and fall. I combine the elliptical, Total Gym, hand weights, nautilus weight machines and floor work and a few random DVDs to keep it fresh.
I signed my husband and myself up for a 5k this Sunday - the Cove2Clover. I'm really excited. I did Swamp Romp in 2009 at the Kaneohe Marine Corp Base and if I can survive 5.5 miles of that, I can do this. And I can take Reese too. It'll be good for him. If I can find a doggie pack he can wear to carry his own water, I'll try to outfit him this week.

The weather is getting nicer which helps elevate my mood and makes us want to play outside.

I have 2 trips coming up in the next 3 months and I want to look great for those. NYC in April and the Dude Ranch Trip in Arkansas in May. Should be fun. Just another motivator.

That's about it for now. Have a great Paleo day!

No comments:

Post a Comment