Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Dash!

We ran 4 miles in the St. Patrick's Day Dash early on Saturday morning amid the cold and rain. Erica and I did a great job finishing about 40-45 minutes and Travis finished in about 30. Nearly 20 minutes after the race it started to snow like you cannot believe! We could hardly see in front of the car!
It cleared up eventually and the inch that fell, melted away. We had celebratory ciders and lunch at Mick Kelly's Irish pub and listened to a great Irish band. Later we went to our neighbor's party and had a fabulous time. I really like running these races - Erica and I jog and walk them, but it's definitely a great way to change up my workout and of course is more paleo in that we run, then walk, then run some more. Love it!

I can't believe I ran two races in a week! Crazy!

Next, I'm going to take some yoga classes. I have a coupon from my race last week for a yoga special, 10 days for $10. No excuses now....except I don't want to work out in front of other people. I've got to overcome that fear. Here's to crossing more items off my 2012 to do list!

Have a great paleo day!

No comments:

Post a Comment