Monday, May 11, 2015

Paleo Prepped Kitchen

Hey Paleo Peeps! 
I cleaned out my fridge and cupboards over the weekend and today hit the market w/my list for a more paleo friendly kitchen. 

Like I said before, fresh is best. Buy organic where you can and choose good food off the list that you will like and use. 

Here are some pictures of my paleo loot: 









There are a few infractions in these pictures. Nobody's perfect, to be sure. My dairy creamer and yogurt. The yogurt is for my dog and I have yet to open the creamer. 

You'll notice that I have some lovely cashew milk - it's free from carrageenan. Which unfortunately seems to be hard to avoid in most almond & coconut milks. I chose the unsweetened. I also chose the hazelnut So Delicious creamer - the other 2 - coconut and vanilla had carrageenan. 

Also, don't forget to stock up on some fermented foods like kimchi and pickles. Yum! 

I bought some yummy uncured bacon from Simple Truth. We'll be using that this week or next to saute some kale. 

The proteins, besides bacon, are tilapia, sole, cod and some flank steak. I'll be posting some amazing recipes this week using those proteins. It's going to be a really fun week to cook. 

In my crisper, there's celery root for my delicious Celery Root Hummus

Kale, romaine, avos, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumbers, pineapple, grapefruit, raw honey, 85% dark chocolate and some cashews to snack on. 

This is a great start to the week. I can't wait to share my first recipe of this week with you. 

Have a great paleo day!



No comments:

Post a Comment