Monday, May 11, 2015

Spicy Tilapia w/pineapple salsa

Tonight's feast is a super quick and easy recipe. 

What you'll need:

One pound tilapia fillets - (this is about 4 fillets)
Cayenne pepper
Crushed red pepper
Sea Salt
Lime juice
1/4 finely chopped onion
1 jalapeno 
1-2 cups pineapple - chopped
2 tomatoes
1-2 tbsp of vinegar

I make my salsa concotion ahead of time because of all the chopping. 

In a bowl combine the chopped pineapple, onion, tomato, jalapeno, a few tbsp of lime juice, the vinegar and some sea salt. Toss it together thoroughly, then using a sieve, drain the liquid into a bowl. Set aside. (if it's too hot, I temper the spice w/a little more vinegar but be sure to drain it off once you've toss it together)

In a saute pan, heat some olive oil and add your fish. Sprinkle the sea salt, pepper and cayenne onto each fillet. Add the mixture you sieved from the salsa. I add a little bit of lime juice through out the cooking as well, but this is completely up to your taste. 

Once the tilapia is cooked thoroughly, remove from the pan and plate. You can spoon the salsa over top or have on the side. I like mine on top. 



I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. 

Stay fierce people! Rawr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment