Friday, August 9, 2013

Ginger's Breakfast Smoothie

Today marks a new chapter in my life. I left my current employer for an amazing opportunity at a very big exciting company where my opportunities are far greater to do some really fun things. So, today is the start of the 3 day weekend before I begin my new job.

With this new chapter, I decided to implement a new routine - exercise, nutrition, etc. I am really excited about the future and I'm embracing it starting today!

Along w/my morning coffee - not Paleo, I know but I'm not giving up my coffee! - I decided to start having a smoothie since my typical yogurt breakfast often doesn't cut it. I always mean to try smoothies and I have purchased ingredients in the past w/the intention of making the most badass smoothie ever, only to end up throwing out most of it because it spoils before I can use it. Shameful, I know. Well, that ends today.

Here's my smoothie recipe:

1 cup Almond coconut milk - unsweetened
1/2 -3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
8oz Fage plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp honey

You can add a variety of cool ingredients to make this yummy for you - bananas, kale, pears, etc.

Blend and drink! Yum!

Time to go workout and run some errands. Have a great paleo day!



No comments:

Post a Comment