Monday, March 10, 2014

Meatless Monday dish: Sauteed Mushrooms & Shrimp over Spinach

Today before I worked out, I made dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow. Tonight's meatless dish is below.

Sauteed Mushrooms & Shrimp over Spinach
12-15 frozen, de-veined shrimp
8 oz of crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 bag of frozen spinach
3 cloves of garlic, pressed/finely minced
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp EVOO
Sea salt
Pepper
African Smoke from TJs
21 season salute
cayenne pepper
smoked paprika
Makes 3 servings

Saute the garlic in a deep frying pan w/butter and evoo for about a minute over medium heat. 
Add mushrooms and saute slowly until they start to brown. Add the spices as you like. Then add the shrimp and saute for 10 minutes until the shrimp are done and season as needed to your taste. Remove from heat and set aside in a dish. Add the spinach to the pan with some evoo and season, cover w/lid on medium/low heat until done. Plate the spinach and top w/the shrimp and mushrooms and enjoy! 

I really like this dish. It's healthy, delicious and super easy which is very important to me after a long day at work. Now, if you work in an office like I do, and fear heating up any kind of fish so as not to incur the wrath of your coworkers due to the stench, this meal eats great out of the fridge. I usually get it out about 30-45 minutes before I'm going to eat lunch and then it's at room temp when I'm ready to have it. 

I hope you like it as much as I do!

Have a fabulous primal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment