Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 5, and I'm down another pound

Well, I'm down one more pound on the morning of the 5th day of my paleo experiment. I am so surprised because i really didnt expect this to happen this soon. I'm still afraid to get really excited, because it could just be water.

I was very good last night at dinner. I absent-mindedly ordered a pint of porter and then realized I couldn't drink it. My husband said, one pint of grains is not going to kill you. I said, yes, but i've been so good all week and I'm not letting a glass of beer defeat all my progress. He happily drank it for me. :)

I am proud of myself for not falling into the mindset of, Oh, I'll have just one, it wont matter.
And when I woke up this morning, my stomach was flatter still. Removing grains and gluten from my diet has had an amazing impact on my the way i look and feel, in just a few short days. These kind of results really encourage me to keep going  primal.
I'm still tracking my food on WW, and I've noticed on the Paleo diet, I'm 8-10 points under my daily allotted points. I find this utterly amazing, considering I'm never hungry on the paleo plan.

I am doing Jillian Michaels DVDs and using my elliptical for exercise. I have her 30 day shred, her 6 week abs and last night I bought her Meltdown Yoga. My goal is to see a 10lb weight loss, loss in inches, and some muscle toning by the time we go on vacation on February 13th.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a great primal day!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have a husband to drink your beer for you!!

    I like Red Bridge--a gluten-free beer--for those nights when I really just want a cold one.

    Keep on keepin on girl.

    ReplyDelete