Sunday, June 26, 2011

Frustration

So, after seeing some inspiring weightloss, working out every day, and eating right, i really thought I was doing well. Unfortunately, and for reasons I cannot explain, I gained back what I lost. I have been carefully counting calories, mindful of what I eat, and still the 5lbs i lost, showed back up. This has been a constant battle over the last 4 years. I am so tired of losing the same 8lbs and never seeing the progress I work so hard for. I went to see a doctor and he told me I had to work out 2 hrs a day and restrict my calories to 800-1000 calories and lectured me on obesity and how people are always making excuses. I was so insulted and completely hurt by his words, Especially when I had my food and workout journal with me and told him about my medical history, the medication that made me gain the weight and my committment to a healthy lifestyle. When I mentioned paleo living, he scoffed of course and told me it was fadish. When he sent my blood work results in the mail, there was even a note on the paper that said, everything was fine but could be improved if I lost weight. Now let me explain, I am by no means obese, yes I am overweight, I know this, but I am not huge. I am very tall and carry my weight pretty well without looking really heavy. I'm not round, but I am thick. So, to get a lecture on my weight and no real advice on how to combat it except for a super restrictive caloric plan, I was pretty pissed. even more pissed when i saw the bill for $400 for that lovely doctor visit.
Yes, I can restrict my diet to 800 calories and I can workout 2hrs a day, but I know that i will be a cranky, hungry mess. I would have to forgo any meaningful protein, consume all vegetables and cut out dairy, sugar, wine etc, and any social life that I have because well, you really can't eat out w/your friends with a limit like that.

If I ate tons of junk food or sugary drinks, I could totally understand this chastising lecture. But when I showed him my food journal, which is all lean proteins, veggies, fruit and almonds he just looked at me and said I must be doing something wrong - implying perhaps that I brought all this with me as a fabrication. Why the hell would I bother to see him at all then??? I don't eat junk food, I don't drink soda or sugary drinks, I am so carful w/what I eat because i workout so hard. I am so frustrated right now because I'm just not seeing the results from the work I'm putting in.

I am not going to give up, but it would be so easy to do. I am going to workout harder and continue my food journal and see if things start moving in the southward directions. Another setback like the one I had this week is just to painful to bear.

So, i'm off to the basement to put in yet another workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment