Friday, August 5, 2011

Damages

Well, the mold is pretty extensive and the contractors are at the house now preparing to remove the ruined carpet, cut off 2 feet from all the walls and then set up industrial driers to dry it out. This will take 3-5 days. then the reconstruction begins. what a mess.

The elliptical is upstairs now and I only missed one workout this week, which was on Monday. I've been charging ahead each day at 0530/0600 and working out for an hour every day. I'm starting to really see the changes now. Travis is a little put off by this because he's eating dinner alone but I cannot be derailed by him or anyone else. Once I hit my goal I'll ease up a bit but right now, I'm on track and I cannot be swayed. I have to stay focused. I have to hit my benchmarks. I feel like a switch has finally been turned on inside me....I have my drive back. And it feels great.

Got a great newsletter from Robb Wolf w/some fantastic tips for staying on track. I already do so many of these things because I read his book. Great content. But it's always good to be reminded.

  • Map it out.  Plan your meals for the entire week.
  • Get cooking!  Choose one afternoon per week and prepare your food for the coming week.
  • Grill additional meat.
  • Fire up the crock pot.
  • Make large batches of recipes so you have leftovers.
  • Boil a dozen eggs.
  • Wash and chop fresh vegetables for easy snacks and prep during the busy week.
  • Pack your lunch the night before so it’s ready to go in the morning.
  • Have some ‘fall back’ convenient options on hand for times when things don’t go as planned.
  • Bags of pre-washed salad greens and other vegetables
  • Frozen vegetables
  • Yams (easily cooked in the microwave!)
  • Canned wild caught tuna and salmon (packed in water)
  • Frozen pre-cooked wild caught shrimp
  • Eggs
  • Your favorite staples
  • Have two or three ‘go-to’ meals, using ingredients you ALWAYS have on hand, posted on your refrigerator.  Now when you get home and feel tempted to order a pizza or Chinese take-out you have a couple quick options staring you in the face!


Gotta get back to work...

Have a great primal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment