Monday, August 1, 2011

Flooded

 Every morning I begin my day by heading to the basement to workout. Little did I know what was in store for me today. We woke up today to find our basement flooded. A capped pipe broke overnight and leaked all over the basement. We had 3 inches of standing water in some places. We have a completely finished basement so this is particularly bad. My elliptical is down there, our media room/mancave area, washer/dryer....I am praying that nothing is damaged and that nearly everything except for a few books and paper items can be salvaged.

It could've been so much worse, I am very thankful that it was clean water and not sewage or rain water. Also , home depot is open at 6am so we went and got a shop vac and I was able to push broom a lot of water out the door.

I am glad I got my hour on the elliptical in last night before bed. I am hoping we'll have it under control by tonight so I can get in my workout that I missed this morning. The broom was quite an unconventional workout but I need my regular workout too.

Oh, and I woke up with a cold, sore throat, sniffles and feeling pretty rough. 

Have a great primal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment